Social proof and video testimonials are becoming increasingly important for any online business looking to stand a chance in a competitive environment.
So I understand that you got curious and looked up a VideoAsk review, one of the better videochat products.
VideoAsk lets you build trust with customers and applicants through “live” conversations, or more like asynchronous talking through a screen, but more on that later.
Getting comments, shares, likes, and dislikes from people is easy enough, thanks to social media.
The real struggle begins when you want to ask for video responses from people and viewers.
Not everyone is comfortable with being on camera and getting asked questions in a review, which can be challenging when growing a business.
This is where VideoAsk comes into play, as the software promises to streamline the process of collecting answers from an interaction.
The question is whether this “chat” product from Typeform can increase customer engagement.
Get the answer in this VideoAsk review.
First Up – What Is VideoAsk?
Videoask is a software as a service (SaaS) that allows marketers to send out video questions and collect responses from an audience.
It’s essentially a video-based lead generation and customer engagement tool for a personalized video experience.
VideoAsk is a simple and convenient way to get video answers to your questions from customers.
The process of collecting a message or conversation happens naturally through a clever communication widget that uses asynchrony video technology.
Video snippets don’t have to flow in order, allowing multiple pathways depending on what a customer clicks on.
It feels like everything is happening in real-time, although it isn’t, which is the beauty of this software and allows for scalability and increased conversions.
You can browse through all the submitted video responses as they come in and select the ones that fit your requirements perfectly.
This is especially powerful in cases where you’re screening employees in a recruitment process.
What Can VideoAsk Be Used For?
Videoask is a powerful tool that can be used for a variety of purposes. Here are just a few examples:
Use Videoask to quickly and easily connect with your customers. Answer their questions, resolve their issues, and build better relationships.
Use Videoask to gather insights from your target market. Ask them about their needs, wants, and pain points.
Showcase social proof
Use Videoask to easily collect testimonials from happy customers and show them to new visitors that what you’re selling is the real deal.
Reach a wider audience
With Videoask, you can reach people who are not actively seeking out your survey or who hate traditional boring surveys (i.e., everyone).
How Much Does VideoAsk Cost?
You can start with the free plan to see if the software is a good fit for your personal or business needs.
VideoAsk is affordable based on a monthly subscription price starting at $30 per month.
The more functionality you need, the more you’ll pay, but the basic package is very reasonable and the one I’m using.
For those in need of other plans, VideoAsk offers the “Brand” plan with more minutes of video processing per month.
Some Notable Key Features Of VideoAsk
With Videoask, you can:
- Create personalized videos that flow perfectly with your marketing funnel.
- Add video testimonials and social proof to any page on your website.
- Get real-time insights into how your videos perform with analytics.
- Captions and subtitles are generated automatically and added when you record videos.
- VideoAsk also allows you to embed videos in emails and social media posts as well.
- Create product demonstrations, customer testimonials, or even interactive promotional content.
- Leads you generate from your video questions will be warm and ready for conversion!
- Has multiple integrations with other software platforms such as Calendly and Stripe.
- Can be used for things like an employee application, face to face messaging, training, and even business relationships, just to name a few.
How Easy Is It To Use VideoAsk?
VideoAsk is very easy to use, the interface is user-friendly (in a huge way), and the features are very intuitive.
You can create a video question form in minutes and share it with anyone.
You can customize the look and feel of your questions and add images, funny GIFs, or videos as you see fit.
How to use VideoAsk in five simple steps
1. You start off by giving your project a name and just clicking “create” after signing up for the trial account.
2. Choose how you would like to create your video funnels. Using the webcam is the absolute most straightforward way to get started.
3. You record a few videos directly inside VideoAsk using their platform and ask questions that you want people to respond to.
4. Share the link to your VideoAsk through social media, email, or your website.
5. People who click on your link get taken to a page where they can watch the questions and answers via video, audio, or text. This works seamlessly on any device.
What Kind of Support Does VideoAsk Offer?
Videoask offers a wide range of support options to help you get the most out of your onboarding experience.
The team is available to answer any questions you may have, and they also offer a wide range of resources, an FAQ section, tutorials, and a knowledge base.
In fact, they use their own product to support you in a clever way, which gives you ideas of how you could implement it in your own business.
What Are People Saying About VideoAsk?
For being a testimonial software, there are surprisingly few reviews of VideoAsk outside of its own website.
But the ones I found on G2 and Trustpilot were exceedingly satisfied with the product.
Videoask is a great way to get quick, concise, and raw video testimonials for your online business.
Most people said it was easy to use, fantastic, and responsible for boosting sales to a large degree.
A few people said they had some problems with the product, but customer service was able to help them solve the issue in the end.
Is VideoAsk right for me?
Videoask is suitable for you if you’re looking for an easier way to get social proof and display clients’ experiences on your marketing platforms.
You can use VideoAsk to ask questions, get feedback, or boost your followers’ engagement.
The app’s built-in video and audio recording let you easily record and share your video requests with anyone, anywhere, and on anything which are huge pros.
Where Can I Learn More About VideoAsk Alternatives?
There are a few ways you can get more information about VideoAsk and other alternatives:
Either check out the VideoAsk homepage, where you can learn more about how to use the software and get tips and tricks for using the templates more effectively.
Or you can find great company alternatives in my latest round-up article that compares different testimonials apps on the market.
How Is VideoAsk Different From Other Video Platforms Like Bonjoro?
Videoask is different from other video platforms in a few key ways.
Videoask is built specifically for conducting video interview-type questions.
This means that the interface is optimized for asking and answering questions seamlessly and getting that crucial data for your business.
The platform also lets you “answer branch,” meaning that you can direct people in different directions depending on their interactions.
Videoask is designed to be used on any device to make the process of submitting videos super easy.
Everyone has a smartphone nowadays, so there is no need for fancy computer settings to submit a video.
What Are The Cons Of VideoAsk?
Some drawbacks to using VideoAsk should be considered before purchasing the tool.
- Once you dig into the software, it can become messy as you build out your funnel 🙂
- The tool is free to try out but only with 20 minutes of video processing per month, which is just enough to test the software. Users must pay a monthly subscription fee to use it properly.
- The tool only has a lightweight video editor for simple cutting and trimming, and you might need to use a separate video editing tool for a more professional touch.
In conclusion, VideAsk is an excellent solution for those who need to gather video testimonials and replies without any hassle.
It is simple to use and has many features that make collecting social proof effortless.
And they also help display the testimonials in an engaging way that captures the viewers’ attention.
The pricing is affordable enough that it won’t deter potential customers, but it’s also not so cheap that it looks like a cheap product.
Overall a great product worth adding to your arsenal of marketing tools!