Being a streamer is fun, but what’s not fun is trying to find the best cameras for gaming.
Nobody has time to spend hours scouring the internet for reviews and specifications of different webcams, cheap vlogging cameras, or gaming laptops.
And that’s why I’ve compiled a list of the 8 best cameras for gaming and streaming that you’ll love using.
Further down I also cover the 6 best webcams for Twitch as well if you’re looking for budget-friendly alternatives.
I rank all of these cameras based on must-have features like ease of use, affordability, and suitability for a streaming environment.
These cameras, also being popular among gamers themselves contribute to a clear list of what makes a great camera for gaming.
What Are The Best Cameras For Gaming, Streaming, YouTube, and Twitch?
Below are my top picks for the best cameras for gaming right now (mirrorless and DSLR).
1. Sony a7 III
Best blurred background
With today’s gaming popularized by streaming sites, it can be hard to find a camera that provides the perfect balance between video quality and ease of use. The Sony a7 III Camera is one of these cameras.
Sony’s a7 III is an excellent choice for anyone who wants the top-notch video quality of a DSLR but in a smaller package, and if you want to stream your gameplay then this is the camera for you.
Sony has always been a leader when it comes to camera quality. The Sony a7 III is one of their best offerings in the camera market.
The features that make this camera great for gamers are its FPS shooting mode, 4K recording capabilities, and sending uncompressed footage straight into an external recorder without any loss of quality.
- Superior for both photo and video, the a7 III Mirrorless Digital Camera from Sony is a well-rounded camera suitable for most situations.
- The sleek design allows for lightweight, easy handling with improved stability.
- With 24MP resolution and 4K video recording, your work will be of the highest quality every time.
- 5-axis image stabilization system and enhanced body design for low light shooting.
- The pro-level bokeh system makes it the best camera for blurred backgrounds.
- Upgraded AF system and fast, powerful burst shooting for stills and video
Being one of the best cameras on the market, the Sony a7 III is not cheap, usually costing around $1999. But the price is justified as you’ll rock this camera for years, if not the next decade.
2. Panasonic GH5
Best 4k video quality
The Panasonic GH5 camera is a more affordable option for gamers and streamers. It has features that are essential for creating quality recordings and streaming content.
This camera is one of the most popular models of the year because of its competitive price, excellent video quality, and high performance even in difficult lighting conditions.
It has a 20MP sensor that shoots 4K video at up to 60fps, creating high-quality video footage in comparison to its predecessors, while still offering photographers the ability to shoot in RAW format.
- Shoot 4K video at up to 60 fps for amazing and crisp videos.
- Accurate Advanced autofocus system that can handle any movement within the frame.
- Shoot in real-time with no lag or latency
- Built-in Wi-Fi and Bluetooth
- Use focus peaking for easy manual focusing
The Panasonic GH5 is way more affordable than the Sony a7 III has a retail price of around $1597.
If you’re lucky you can get it at a discounted price of around $1297, making it a no-brainer.
3. Canon EOS M50 Mark II
Canon’s successor to the popular EOS M3 is the Canon EOS M50 being the next iteration in their mirrorless camera line, and it’s amazing.
The Canon EOS M50 Mark II is a very affordable camera for those who are just starting out as a Vlogger or as a streamer.
It has an articulated touchscreen that allows you to flip the screen all the way around.
The camera features a 24-megapixel APS-C sensor and a dual-pixel CMOS AF III autofocus system, which ensures that your photos come out clear and focused every time.
Canon EOS M50 Mark II is good for all skill levels, from beginner to professional.
- The fastest and most accurate autofocus system on the market.
- With 4K movie recording capabilities, it delivers video with incredible detail.
- Delivers crisp images with optimum color accuracy.
- A sleek, stylish design that is perfect for professionals on the go.
The Canon EOS M50 Mark II is a great piece of camera and affordable as well, going for around $599. They are usually sold out so it might be hard to get one right away.
4. Sony ZV-1
Best compact for YouTubers
The Sony ZV-1 is an affordable camera that captures high-quality video and audio, so you can stream games or live streams with no lag or buffer.
The Sony ZV-1 has a number of features that make it perfect for streaming on Twitch, YouTube Gaming, Facebook Live, etc.
It records footage in 4K 30fps and supports external microphones.
- Compact camera with a stylish design, perfect for YouTubers and Vloggers.
- Durable and compact enough to withstand the rigors of travel.
- Best in class stabilization and is perfect for shooting videos on the go.
- Record up to 4k videos at 30 frames per second for streaming.
The Sony ZV-1 is just as affordable as the Canon EOS M50 at around $649, but what you get is a more compact camera that’s easier to take with you wherever you go.
5. Panasonic G9
Best affordable camera
The Panasonic Lumix DC-G9 is an ideal 4K video camera for Twitch streamers, YouTube gamers, and content creators.
It’s a professional-grade mirrorless camera that features a 20.3MP sensor, 6K photos, dual I.S. 2 image stabilization technology, 6K photo modes, and 4K video recording.
The Panasonic Lumix G9 camera is an excellent choice for all sorts of shooters who are looking for an easy-to-use digital SLR that can capture high-quality videos with minimal hassle.
- The best image quality and performance of any camera in its price range.
- Affordable, high-quality choice
- Great autofocus system, dual image stabilization, and ergonomic grip.
- 6K Photo technology
- Inbuilt WiFi, Bluetooth, and NFC give you the option to connect it to your mobile device or tablet.
You can usually grab the Panasonic G9 for around $997 at a sale, making it a great choice.
6. Sony ZV-E10
Best value for streaming
The Sony ZV-E10 is a handheld 4K camera that is designed for the needs of live streaming. It’s an excellent product for professional content creators who are looking to produce high-quality videos during live streams.
The ZV-E10 allows you to record video at up to 4K resolution, 30 frames per second and has two 2.0-inch flip screens for previewing your shots. It also features pro-quality bokeh control which makes it one of the best cameras for this purpose.
Sony has made sure that their customer’s convenience is taken care of with the inclusion of a hot shoe mount and support for external microphones on this product as well.
- Sony ZV-E10 is an affordable camera for streaming
- Perfect for those who want to make the jump without spending too much.
- It has pro-quality bokeh control,
- High-quality video stream with 4k resolution
- Supports external microphones.
You can get the Sony ZV-E10 for as low as $698 which is a great price and a lot of value for the money.
7. Sony A6400
Best affordable 4k
Sony has been one of the pioneers in the world of digital cameras for decades, and the Sony A6400 is a perfect example of the product that represents the latest technology in the camera industry.
Sony A6400 is a mirrorless camera with a 24.2-megapixel APS-C sensor with autofocus.
It’s capable of capturing 4K video which is quickly becoming the industry standard.
- 4K camera with features such as a 24.2 MP sensor.
- 3 inch OLED touch screen.
- Sharp pictures with decent dynamic range and decent low-light performance.
- An affordable option for aspiring streamers and filmmakers alike.
The pricing of the Sony A6400 is fair compared to other cameras with a price point of $998.
8. Canon Rebel SL3
Best smallest DSLR camera
The Canon Rebel SL3 is a great camera for those who don’t want to spend a lot of money on a DSLR. It has all the features that you would expect in a DSLR camera and it is perfect for beginners.
It comes with a 24-megapixel sensor that produces high-quality photos even without professional lenses.
Its autofocus will allow you to take photos quickly and easily. Plus, it is perfect for beginners because it doesn’t have too many complicated settings or features so any user will be able to pick up the camera and take quality photos or videos immediately.
- Compact, durable, and lightweight.
- Has a 3” flip-up touch screen, which makes it easier to take photos and videos with one hand.
- Comes with a 9-point autofocus system, not only for stills but also for video recording.
- Decent in low-light settings.
The Canon Rebel SL3 comes at a great price of around $699.
What Is The Best Webcam for Twitch and Streaming?
1. Elgato Facecam
Best webcam for content creators
The Elgato Facecam is a new gaming camera that is used by content creators to get high-quality videos for their channels. It has a lot of features that make it better than most other webcams on the market.
The webcam records in 1080p HD and 60 frames per second, giving you the opportunity to share your gameplay with your viewers.
This webcam also has no delays in video recording when live streaming, which means content creators can go live without worrying about lagging or buffering.
- Premium webcam optimized for streamers
- Awesome software
- Records in 1080p at fps
- Plug and play webcam
- Has no noticeable lag when recording
The Elgato Facecam has an affordable price of $199, making it a top pick for a webcam.
2. Dell Ultrasharp WB7022
Best 4k webcam
The webcam industry has been stagnating for a while, but the Dell Ultrasharp WB7022 is taking it to the next level.
The webcam is currently the best 4k webcam that you can get. It offers amazing features such as the ability to stream in full HD and record high-quality video at 60fps.
It also has a very sleek and compact design making it perfect for gaming or streaming on Twitch or YouTube.
The price of this camera is affordable too, which we all know is always a plus!
- Crisp, clear video even in low light environments
- 4k resolution for amazing video quality
- Vibrant colors
- Decent at low-light environments
The Dell Ultrasharp is priced the same as our top pick at around $199.
3. Logitech Brio
Best high-end webcam
The Logitech Brio was one of the first webcams to offer 4K video recording, and it still remains one of the best high-end webcams on the market.
The Logitech Brio features an HD camera with a 4K capture, so gamers can enjoy crisp detail during gameplay. The webcam also offers improved low-light performance for better streaming sessions in dark environments.
It has a 180-degree field of view that is adjustable to stream the perfect frame in your setup.
Logitech Brio is an excellent choice for all types of video recording needs, whether you’re making videos for YouTube or Twitch.
- Sleek and sophisticated design
- Perfect for professionals who need to work in front of webcams for long hours.
- Offers 4K video capture
- Wide-angle lens (adjustable field of view), see more objects at once
- HDR technology that improves colors, contrast, and details in both light and dark environments
- integrated noise-canceling mics for clear audio
Want a 4k webcam for your streaming needs? Then this is it, also for $199.
4. Razer Kiyo Pro
Best for low-light
Razer Kiyo Pro webcam is an excellent choice for gamers who like to stream on Twitch or YouTube. It is the perfect choice if you are looking for the best low-light webcam on the market with its adaptive light sensor.
The quality of the image is not too bad but there are of course better options. The camera also has a lot of settings to make the image look better.
Some things that don’t seem to be a problem with the camera though are its color accuracy, motion blur, or focus which are on point.
- Wide-angle lens which can be adjusted to suit your needs
- Excellent low-light performance
- Crisp, high-quality videos even when there is little light
- Streams in high definition up to 1080p 60fps.
Priced the same as the competitors at $199.
5. Logitech C922 HD Pro
Best for streaming
The Logitech C922 HD Pro webcam is a very popular option among streamers, gamers, and Youtube creators. It’s the perfect webcam for anyone looking to create a new Twitch or Youtube channel.
The webcam is specially designed for streaming with a built-in frame rate of 30 FPS at 1080p or 60fps at 720p to provide crisp and smooth videos.
Logitech C922 HD Pro has autofocus, full HD capture, HDR support, dual mics with noise cancellation, and autofocus, making it a great streaming alternative.
- Full HD video quality
- Built-in dual microphones with noise-canceling
- Includes a tripod
- Auto light correction and autofocus
The Logitech C922 is the cheapest on our list at $99, but unfortunately, if you want to stream in 60fps then you’ll have to do with a video quality of 720p, which nowadays is a bit outdated.
6. Logitech Streamcam
Best budget webcam
Logitech Streamcam is the best budget webcam for gaming and streaming. It comes with all the hardware you need to stream your favorite games like Fortnite, PUBG, League of Legends, and more.
It comes with built-in dual front-facing microphones and full HD 1080p video quality at 60fps. If you are looking for a webcam that won’t cost too much but can still provide good quality footage, then this is the one for you!
- Full HD video 1080p 60fps
- Smart auto-framing
- Intelligent ISO exposure system
- Built-in dual microphones
- Optimized for streaming software like OBS, XSplit, and Streamlabs
- Effortlessly stream to Twitch, YouTube, and more
A bit more expensive than the Logitech C922 at $169 but you’ll get better quality video at higher frames per second.
Why should you use a normal camera instead of a webcam?
It is not merely a personal preference, there are some key specific reasons why a normal camera is better for gaming and streaming.
A webcam is often less sensitive than a normal camera, meaning that you will need to use more light to capture an image with it.
Furthermore, webcams usually lack an autofocus option or it’s working so-so. Any movement will result in motion blur which can be hard to deal with when streaming gameplay.
How do I choose the best gaming camera?
Listed below are some points to consider when choosing a camera for streaming sessions:
- Type of stream (e.g., solo, duo, live)
- Resolution needed (e.g., 1080p)
- Shutter speed (e.g., 1/60, 1/120)
- Frames per second (fps)
You’ll want to make sure your camera records at a minimum of 1080p to ensure the quality of video footage and clarity on screen.
Streaming in 4K is even better if possible, but you’ll have to have a legit internet connection.
Other important factors like frame rate, lens options, and whether or not you need an external microphone will also play an important role in picking which one is best for you.
Streaming is nowadays one of the most popular ways of broadcasting content. The gaming community in particular has seen massive growth.
Choosing the right camera for streaming sessions is crucial because it will affect the quality of your broadcast and your viewer’s experience.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. Which camera is best for gaming?
If you’re a serious streamer who wants the best quality footage and sound, then you’ll not settle for a simple webcam, although they can be a great way to start out with if you’re on a tight budget.
As a gamer and content creator myself, you want a camera with excellent picture quality, an adjustable field of depth, view, and ease of use.
Another thing to take into consideration is the ability to turn off the camera overlay info and runtime limit.
And let’s face it, you both want and deserve a high-quality camera, one that’s worth your time and money, and that’s capable of producing stunning imagery with ease.
With that being said, the best cameras for gaming are:
Q. What cameras do gaming streamers use?
There are a lot of cameras that gamers use to stream their gameplay. Some people use webcams, while others use professional-grade cameras. It all depends on the budget and the needs of the streamer.
Some companies offer a full streaming package that includes camera equipment, software, and even live editing tools. These packages can cost up to thousands of dollars per month, but they are worth it for someone who is serious about streaming their gameplay online.
In this blog post, we showcased the best cameras which are perfect for gaming, streaming, YouTube, and Twitch purposes.
In today’s digital world, much of what we do is online or on a computer screen. That also means that the camera is doing a lot of the work in capturing the video and your face.
The best cameras for gaming, streaming, and YouTube should be capable of video capture with a high frame rate to make sure that there isn’t any lag time between what’s happening in front of you and what’s being recorded. You also want to look for cameras that can capture colors accurately and that work great in low-light environments.
Here are some other related posts on the blog: